Lausanne and its surroundings have so many summer activities to choose from, whether you are spending the day at one of the city’s lakeside beaches, tasting a glass of Chasselas in Lavaux or enjoying a local hike with your family.
We are signing off for a little summer break like we do each year. But we don’t want to leave without giving you ideas for how to enjoy the long, hot days in August.
Of course, with the ever-evolving covid-19 restrictions, we would encourage you to confirm with event organizers that everything is going ahead as planned.
Have a great few weeks, and we’ll see you soon! Stay safe out there, friends.
August 1st – Swiss National Day:
- Plan the perfect socially-distanced picnic by buying a gourmand takeaway basket filled with local products (from Thursday to Saturday August 1).
- Start the day with a yoga morning session at la Milanette or Jetée de la Compagnie.
- Breakfast party at La Grenette.
- Brunch at Domaine de la Crausaz in Lauvaux.
- Unfortunately, the annual firework evening display on August 1st has been cancelled this year.
Events and festivals:
- Every weekend, a selection of concerts, outdoor films and street performances will be offered to the public until August 16 in Parc de Montbenon and Esplanade de Bellerive. The association Riposte! has partnered with Les Garden-Parties de Lausanne, la Fête de la Musique, les Toiles de Milan and many others, for some all-round summer entertainment! Check the full weekly program here.
- Earlybirds will love this concert series at 6am at Jetée de la Compagnie on Sunday mornings.
- Sunday markets at the lakefront in Cully every Sunday until October.
- Summer stopovers at Plateforme 10 continue twice a week throughout the month of August with concerts, guided visits and performances.
- Learn French in a friendly outdoor environment by the lake until August 14 (free event).
- Live jazz with Malcom Braff at Jetée de la Compagnie on Sunday 16.
- Head to Place de la Cathédrale to La Cité des Créateurs on Saturday 29: local creators and artists showcasing their talents.
- A vide-greniers du Quartier de la Violette on Sunday 30.
- For the second consecutive year, Floriane Nikles invites children and their families on Thursday 13 to a gourmet stroll and the pleasure of outdoor cooking.
- Yoga and brunch on Saturday 15 by Lausanne à Table
- Century-old trees in the background, fresh ingredients from the market and deliciously cooked…”Staged dishes” in the botanical garden on Sunday 23 by Lausanne a Tàble.
- Brunch & Bike on Saturday 23
- For its 4th edition, the talented Anne-Sophie Pic invites you to her not-to be-missed summer market on Saturday 28.
Have we missed something you think we should share? Send us a note.