Bonjour Lausanne! We are BACK and ready to roll into 2020, which we are sure will be full of events and new spots to try in Lausanne.
The new year has already kicked off in the best possible way with the Winter Youth Olympic Games (YOG) 2020. For the first time this unique festival of sport, youth and togetherness has come to Lausanne, making our city feel even more special! How many live winter sports have you seen? If you still haven’t, also checkout the many activities in the Flon district organized as part of Lausanne en Jeux! Festival.
YOG 2020 (ends Wednesday):
- Organ concert in St-François church (17:30-18:30) on Monday and Tuesday
- Concerts at the Medal Plaza (Flon) every evening (20:00-21:00)
- The entrance to the Olympic Museum is still free of charge until this Sunday. Profitez!
- Tonight is your last chance to become the Cathedral’s tower watchman! (Time slots: 16:15, 17:15, 18:15)
- Guest bartending event at Lausanne Cocktail Club on Tuesday
- There is a new spot in town for Mediterranean apéros: Meraki‘s inauguration party is on Thursday (Place de la Riponne)
- Guided wine tasting at KAVO Vevey on Thursday night
- “Simple et à la fois unique à Lausanne”: La Lausannoise, a very special evening at Loxton on Friday
- Rhum tasting night at Les Boucaniers on Saturday
- Live music and cocktails at the King Size Pub on Saturday night
- Sunday brunch and classic movie (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) at McCarthy’s Irish Pub (10:30)
- International Hot Air Balloon Festival in Château-d’Oex from January 25 to February 2
- The acclaimed musical Les Misérables will play for the first time in Switzerland in its original English version in Zurich from January 21 to February 23!