Hello Lausanne! What have you been up to this past gorgeous weekend? Have you already been to Fête des Vignerons in Vevey?
For those of you still in town and counting down the days to summer holidays, we’ve got you covered — here is our selection of events to keep you entertained this (very hot!) week:
- Lausanne’s summer Garden Parties series carries on this weekend, this time at Parc de Mon Repos (and Bellerive).
- Late opening until 8pm at Musée de l’Élysée on Thursday
- Moja Culture Festival: afro-latino music from Friday until Sunday in Place de l’Europe
- Summer Beach Party at Bleu Lezard on Friday and Saturday night
- Salsa party at Pyramides de Vidy on Saturday night
- Queen’s Night: a fun night trail run (6km) in Montreux on Saturday with Queen cover band.
- If you happen to be hiking in Valais this weekend, why not stop by at the folkloristic Festival de cor des Alpes in Nendaz? Imagine 200 alphorns resonating in unison in the natural framework of the swiss Alps. But also flag throwers and a alphorn competition!
- Kilian Jornet, one of the world’s greatest mountain runners, who has climbed Mount Everest twice in a week (!!!) in 2017, is giving a special talk at Salle Métropole on Saturday (afternoon and evening).