This week is all about celebrating our city: its neighborhoods, architecture and local artisans. If you can’t take part (or don’t feel like taking part) in some of the events described below, just take a moment while running errands, to appreciate the lovely city we live in: the buildings, the local shops and cafes, the markets, the parks and the gorgeous views on the lake and mountains. Which is your favourite little corner in Lausanne? Make sure you tag us in your stories or posts!
The annual Festival de la Cité has a new look: Aux Confins de la Cité will have limited access to 300 people who have registered and have been randomly selected. Checkout the full program of performances here.
Summer stopovers in the arts district – Every week, starting on Tuesday until 23 August, two cultural evening proposals will brighten up the summer in the new station art district of Platforme 10. On the agenda: concerts, guided visits, reading and cooking workshops. Places are limited and each event requires prior registration to ensure that everyone has a deckchair and that safety standards are met.
- Tuesday 7 at 6:00 pm: Grab your apron and register here for a ceviche (a staple Peruvian dish) cooking workshop on the Nabibar’s terrace (35 CHF, 1 hour).
- Thursday 9 at 6:00 pm: Discover how Lausanne’s station arts district is emerging and in what context it fits (free entry, 1 hour). Register here.
- A Folk Spirit Market on Friday and Saturday in Flon. Free entry; masks are compulsory.
- How to create time even in the busiest of schedules? Follow the upcoming Lunch & Learn online session by Cospire on Thursday (12:00-13:00).
- The Festival des Créateurs goes 100% digital: on Saturday (8:30 – 17:00) you can vote for your favourite artisan, shop online, and support local craftmanship. Find out about participating sellers here.
- Lausanne sur Mer continues from Wednesday throughout the week if you feel like trying a new water sport with the whole family.