Happy Monday, friends. Can you believe we have just ushered Halloween out and stores are already displaying Christmas decorations!?
The weather might be wet and grey this week, but the agenda is packed with events. Rainy days can also be the perfect occasion to check out one of Lausanne’s new cosy spots (for example, Coffee Page or Äta), or visit the recently inaugurated Plateforme 10 art district.
Throughout the week
- Festival La Fourchette is going on until 30 November! If you’ve been wanting to try out restaurants in Lausanne, now is the time! Book on La Fourchette in seconds and get 50% off participating restaurants’ menus.
- Head to Neuchâtel for the annual Chocolate Festival: sample wine and chocolate pairings while the children make chocolate lollipops.
- Festival Bach de Lausanne kicks off on Friday with a concert in the Cathedral and runs until the end of the month.
- 25th International Film Festival in Geneva will showcase films, TV series and digital arts for the whole week.
- Open Bottle day at La Grappe d’Or.
- A fun Escape Game in the library organized by Ville de Lausanne (free entry, kids aged 14+).
- Raclette night at Le Lacustre.
- Climate change talk in Rolle (free entry): a chance to talk to experts and discuss ways we can all act on…
- Winter time indulgence at Beau-Rivage’s luxury Bubble bar starts today!
- Special beer tasting at Dr Gab’s Lab: Houleuse beer aged in wooden barrels that contained Syrah wine.
- It’s wine o’clock at Lausanne Palace.
- All good things come to an end – an apéritif to celebrate 10 years of the Dubner Moderne Art Gallery and mark its closing in December.
- Flash lunch break visit at Musée Historique Lausanne.
- It’s time to put those skates on and get groovy at Flon’s Silent disco on ice!
- The spirit of FeVi continues on Saturday night in Vevey with live music and DJ set. Book your tickets here.
- Brisolée at Duke’s pub.
- Le Grand p’tit déjeuner at Perroquet Bar.
- Books Books Books will be hosting write-ins at the bookshop every Saturday morning during November, from 9:30-12:30.
- Hop on board and enjoy cheese fondue on a retro train between Morges et Bière.
- Worldwide famous act Tinariwen is bringing nomadic desert music to town at Les Docks.
- Improv comedy show for the whole family.
- Sunday Brunch and classical movie (The Goonies) at McCarthy’s Irish pub.
*** Heads-up ***
Photo by Andreas Vendelbo