Hello Lausanne, we hope everyone had a lovely August 1st (long) weekend. To those of you who are on holiday, safe travel and enjoy your time off! To everyone else around Lausanne this week, here are a couple of events we think you might like to check out.
First of all, this week is your last chance to stop by Fête des Vignerons. Sunday (closing night) will be dedicated to canton Vaud! Several free concerts lined up during the afternoon and evening.
- Kitchen takeover at Dr Gab’s lab: specialities from Jamaica!
- Yoga by the lake on Thursday morning
- As part of the Fête des Vignerons, on the day dedicated to the Riviera-Pays-d’Enhaut district, the 13 municipalities are teaming up to offer a fun tasting trail for the whole family: a tour scattered with wine tastings, live music, dancing and other cultural activities. Kids can enjoy their own special tasting tour. All the info here.
- Free wine tasting at Château d’Ouchy from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm.
- As part of Lausanne Jardins 2019 agenda, a guided walk around Lausanne, focusing on the importance of green spaces, with architect and art historian Matthieu Jaccard (6:30 pm – 8 pm).
Friday, Saturday, Sunday:
- Garden Parties series continues this weekend at Parc de l’Hermitage (and Bellerive).
- Last week of Fête des Vignerons (fyi, Sunday will be dedicated to canton Vaud).
- Montreux Chill Festival from Friday to Sunday.
- If you are looking for the ultimate sport challenge, Glacier 3000 Run is on Saturday. During this 26km race, athlets will have to face a 1900m drop!
- Summer Beach Party at Bleu Lezard on Frday and Saturday night
- Early morning (6am) concert by the lake at Jetée de la Compagnie on Sunday.