Hello Lausanne! This grey and rainy start to the week has got us experiencing some “August blues”: we can see the days getting shorter and it can feel like summer vacations are slowly coming to an end. You are not alone! But we are sure August (and September) still has plenty of sunny days ahead, outdoor apéros, hiking weekends and warm weather to enjoy. To challenge this temporary nostalgia and negative thinking, here are our top picks for this week!
- Screening of the documentary entitled ‘Waste Time’ on Thursday night. A story from the small island Saparua in East-Indonesia, where people find local solutions for environmental challenges. The documentary will be followed by an open discussion with members of Swiss NGO Euforia and The Constellation and accompanied by a small apéro.
- Lausanne Plogging, based on the Swedish fitness trend which combines jogging and intermittent squatting/lunging to collect rubbish, is back on Tuesday at 18:30!
- 14th Festival of African Cinema is on at Casino Montbenon from Thursday to Saturday. Check the full program here.
- Vide dressing at Jetée on Saturday morning
- Saturday Art & Teatime at Fondation de l’Hermitage
- Cinema d’Afrique ends on Saturday
- We can’t think of a better way to celebrate our city’s lakeside and the upcoming end of summer holidays than the Brunch in Ouchy on Sunday! Full program here. A 50-meter stretch of food stalls will present local dishes and beverages to suit every budget.
- Join a guided tour by a Lausanne farmers’ market specialist on Saturday! Tickets are 20 CHF adult (15 CHF students) and include coffee, a 2-hour visit, tastings and small apéro). Click here to book your spot.
- FIBA 3×3 World Tour on Friday and Saturday
- Head to the Street Artists Festival in the old town of Vevey (from Friday to Sunday). A perfect fun family event for the end of the summer holidays.
- Brunch Gourmand in Lavaux (Domaine de la Crausaz, Cully) on Sunday