It’s Swiss National Day week! There are lots of activities organized in Lausanne and surroundings on Thursday, whether you prefer full-on Swiss-style celebrations or less folkloristic events.
Also, Lausanne’s Garden Party heads to the lakeside this weekend with a great line-up of live music, outdoor sports and family activities in Bellerive.
Tuesday July 30:
- On Tuesday, you can give blood on your way home from work at the Lausanne train station.
Wednesday July 31:
- Head to Pully Port for an all night dance party to support the local fire brigade.
Thursday August 1st:
- The flagship giant National Day Picnic organized by Lausanne à Table in Esplanade de Montbenon will feature lots of local products
- Head down to Ouchy, Place de la Navigation, for the official speeches and firework show (fireworks start at 22:15)
- This year, head to Fete des Vignerons in Vevey on Swiss National Day for open-air shows and entertainment, including the Swiss Guard marching band. As one of the main partners of the festival, Swiss International Airline will add an aerial dimension to the celebrations by organizing a unique air show above the Arena and further fly the colours of FeVi!
- Kick off the day with morning yoga on the deck at Jetée de la Compagnie and then live music throughout the night. Perfect spot to view the fireworks.
- August 1st at the Beau-Rivage
- Summer BBQ at Lausanne Palace
- Swiss National Day at the Royal Savoy
- If hiking and spending time with your family in the mountains is more your thing, Rochers-de-Naye, Les Pléiades, and the neighbouring Montreux Riviera have lots of entertainment planned for Swiss National Day.
Friday, Saturday, Sunday:
- Giant Silent Party in Place de l’Europe.
- From Friday to Sunday a public stargazing event organized by the Vaud Society of Astronomy at Lausanne’s Observatory.
- Early concert at Jetée de la Compagnie on Sunday morning (6am).
- Join a walking tour on Saturday morning to discover the markets and craftsmen of the city centre. The tour lasts approx. 1h30min and starts at 9:30am from Escaliers du Marché.