Some weeks there’s an event that clearly rises to the top of our lists – this week you’ll want to clear your calendar for Festival de la Cité! There nothing else that says summer time more than this outdoor celebration of art and life. Grab your friends, check out the program, and stroll through town to the events that grab your attention.
Here’s everything else on our calendar this week:
- If you want to try a new water activity, the Lausanne-sur-mer event might be the right place to do it. Full disclosure – this appears to be mostly for teenagers and young adults, but apparently everyone is welcome.
- Montreux Jazz continues this week – even if you don’t have tickets, remember that the off festival is great and the ambiance is always good fun.
- School’s out for summer! In case you’re still looking for activities for your kids, check out this festival – they’re saying they still have spots available (#sighofrelief)
- At one of our favorite playgrounds in Lausanne, take your kids on Tuesday morning for story time!
- Help plant the garden at the Rovéreaz farm.
- A beginner French lesson and intermediate French lesson – you’ve got to start somewhere!
- Get your yoga dance on at Jétée de la Compagnie.
- At Café d’Enning, learn some basics of sign language and how to order to your meal.
- Tuesday night is board game night at Qwertz.
- Every Thursday and Friday night in July and August – rendez-vous at the port in Lutry for live music, dancing, and food trucks.
- Another outdoor movie in Mon Repos park – dinner available from Folie Voltaire. It’s still hard for us to imagine a better date night!
- The chef from one of Lausanne’s most special, unique restaurants – Le Fraisier – is preparing a gorgeous lunch and/or gourmet tea at the Lausanne Botantical Gardens.
- Learn to make your own cosmetics.
- On Saturday, head up to Sauvabelin for storytime for children and adults alike.
- An all-day workshop to learn about the medicinal plants in our region and how to use them in your family.