So, there’s this little football tournament taking place at the moment that you may have heard about ;). The World Cup is in full swing and Lausanne has become unhinged. And WE LOVE IT. How about that game last night?! We’re eternal optimists, and we’re thinking that this could be a good year for la Suisse!
So far we’ve been watching matches in the Fanzone in Ouchy and at Bulldog sports bar, but you can hardly walk 10 meters before finding a place to watch the games. Do you have any favorite spots we should know about?
Of course, the World Cup isn’t the only thing going in town. Here’s our round up of other great events you won’t want to miss.
Over several days:
- Lavaux Classique continues this week with tickets still available for several concerts and a fabulous free festival with beautiful music and a stunning setting on the water in Cully.
- The Vallon neighborhood of Lausanne is inviting all of us to come and enjoy a cultural festival with different events organized everyday this week.
- Food entrepreneurs and food lovers are gathering for a pot luck BBQ at Le Ferme des Tilleuls.
- Yoga vibes is hosting a yoga course with childcare available from 16h-17h.
- There are still a few spots left for a visit to a local farm with Lausanne à Table this week.
- It’s summer solstice, which can only mean one thing: Fête de la Musique! Get ready to rock in the streets or plug your ears, but things are going to get loud in Lausanne on Thursday evening.
- We love the idea of a yoga flash mob!
- Lausanne’s celebrated photography museum – Musée de l’Elysée – is open late for their special exhibit evening, Nuit des Images. This is a fab event for anyone who enjoys though-provoking photography!
- Visit the exhibit at Musée de l’Hermitage and then picnic in the grass while enjoying a beautiful view on the lake.
- Yoga to live music – even your kids are invited to join.