Heeellllo springtime! We hope you were able to get out and enjoy the beautiful sunshine as much as us this weekend. The weather is amazing and so are all the events taking place in and around town this week. There’s almost too much to share, so we pulled out a few highlights. Have a great week, friends!
First things first – there are a few highlights that we wanted to draw your attention to:
- The Vision du Réel festival in Nyon kicked off over the weekend. It’s a week-long celebration of documentary film making, featuring 174 different movies from 174 countries. And as if that’s not impressive enough, 139 of the film directors will be present at the festival and participating in discussions and debates. Check out the full program of films and events! Note: all non-English language films will have English subtitles in case you aren’t too confident about your French.
- We are soooo very excited to welcome Creative Mornings to Lausanne! Creative Mornings is a concept that was first launched in NYC by Swiss graphic designer and Tina Roth Eisenberg (otherwise known as SwissMiss) and has spread across the globe. Geneva has had their own group for forever, but finally Lausanne has joined the party. Their first event is this Friday.
- There’s a new English language Children’s Library in Lausanne. They are still looking for a permanent location for their collection, but you can already check out books online and pick the up on Avenue de France or at the Saturday market once a month. This Saturday, their hosting an open house for anyone interested checking out the collection and borrowing a book or two! Story times are planned for 10am and 3pm. Read on for details.
Here are the other items on our agenda for this week:
- Cully Jazz continues this week! Oh man, we have some good memories of
misbehavingenjoying a sophisticated musical experience at this festival.
- Learn to salsa dance this Tuesday night at Casona Latina.
- It’s hard to imagine being ready for yoga at 6:30 in the morning, but the view from Jetée de la Compagnie just might convince us to give it a try.
- Want to learn to repair your clothes? Check out the Café Couture at CPO this Thursday.
- If you’re one of those people who isn’t sure that vegan food could be delicious, check out this event. We went a couple years ago and were so surprised by how much we enjoyed it!
- The Lausanne Art Fair for contemporary art is taking place at Beaulieu this week.
- This cool festival allows you to meet local artisans like word workers, luthiers, jewelry makers, (and even a skateboard maker!) all around Vaud. Check out the schedule for more info.
- Get your silent disco on at the Brasserie de Montbenon this Friday night.
- Whisky Time in Lutry is hosting a whisky tasting.
- Live Jazz music at la Galicienne on Friday night.
- Lausanne à Table is releasing their season event schedule this week and sharing the love with a bowl of vegetable soup at the market on Saturday morning.
- Attention Anglophiles! Brasseries de Montbenon is throwing a proper English tea on Sunday afternoon.
- SwissMilk will be handing out milkshakes at the market on Saturday.