Our weekend included sledding in Chalet-à-Gobet on Saturday and basking in the Ouchy sun on Sunday. It’s officially the transition season. C’mon spring – we’re ready for you!
If we had a to pick a theme for the events taking place this week in Lausanne, we’d certainly arrive at “learn to …”. There are ateliers galore in town right now – from learning to fix your bike, to how to crochet, to dancing the mambo and more.
Other highlights? Eat Me is FIVE YEARS OLD. And StreetKitchen, one of the first food trucks to hit the Lausanne streets, is opening a brick and mortar location on Rue Centrale this Thursday. Both of these businesses are owned by fabulous female entrepreneurs – we’re so happy to see them thriving!
NOTE: The StreetKitchen opening has been delayed until NEXT WEEK. Hold your hunger for a few more days ;).
Read on for details. Have a great week, Lausanne!
- If our experience watching Dirty Dancing at the outdoor cinema last summer is any indication, there are lots of ladies in Lausanne who will enjoy watching the live theatre adaptation at Metropole from Wednesday to Sunday.
- This Tuesday night, learn to crochet at Les Gens!
- Habitat Jardin continues this week at Beaulieu.
- Mozart and Bruckner at the Cathedral of Lausanne Wednesday evening.
- Our dear friend Emma Litkie of StreetKitchen fame is finally opening a brick and mortar restaurant in Lausanne (Rue Centrale 25) on Thursday. We.cannot.wait!
- The Swiss Romande Orchestra plays Lalo and Strauss.
- On Thursday evening you can learn the basics of Italian cooking.
- The Lausanne Palace is pairing special wines and cheeses at this apéro on Thursday.
- Artisan gin from Ticino mixed into cocktails by the bartenders at Pavilion? Yes, please.
- Tired of your typical Friday or Saturday night? How about heading to Paradis du Jeu a play your choice of 500 board games?
- These Mambo teachers are ready and waiting to help you learn to dance on Friday night.
- Or over to the Musée de la Main for a “Night of Strange“
- Missing the Olympics already? Head over to Malley for the Vaudois figure skating championship!
- Eat Me is celebrating its 5 year anniversary this weekend with an apéro. We’re looking forward to toasting to one of our favorite Lausanne restaurants!
- Second-hand everything for kids ages 0-15 this Friday and Saturday.
- Fellow children of the 90s – it’s our time.
- Learn to repair your bike.