How did you spend your weekend? We decided to take a last minute, totally spontaneous trip to the mountains and stayed at a friend’s place in Verbier. Though most of the weekend was a little snowy and a whole lot soggy, it was completely worth it when we watched the sun set from our balcony as it briefly broke through the clouds.
Here’s what we’ve got on our agendas in Lausanne this week…
- Of all the events this week, we are most excited about the Printemps de la Poésie – it’s a two week festival that explores the power of poetry through a series of events (sometimes 5-6 per day). We wish we could take a week off to attend them all!
- Gerard Depardieu comes to Lausanne this week for a show at the Metropole.
- Dreaming of the sunshine? Head to Spain with Yatus on Tuesday night.
- A pub quiz night is hard to beat.
- The Programme Commune Festival kicks off this week bringing together Lausanne’s performing arts institutions for a shared celebration of dance, theater, and visual arts.
- Learn or improve your sewing at the CPO’s Cafe Couture.
- Or, to express yourself artistically with this expressive painting workshop.
- This photography exhibit explores migration and exile and opens on Friday evening.
- Did you know that Lausanne has an Observatory? It’s open every Friday evening, except the first Friday of the month.
- Kids and their parents can attend a singing workshop on Saturday.
- Concerned about toxins or the impact that household products have on the environment? You can learn to make your own cleaning products at this workshop.