When all else fails, just remember that summer will come again…
HOLY *%&/%ç* it’s cold out there! We spent as much of the weekend as we could possibly justify hiding indoors, cooking comfort food, and planning our summer vacations – because it should never be -8 C unless there are skis strapped to our feet and the promise of blood warming après ski is just over the horizon.
The cold will continue for a few more days, but spring will come…eventually…and until then, here are a few ways to warm yourself this week. Courage, friends. Courage.
- Mozart with the Chamber Orchestra of Lausanne would sure make for a relaxing and inspiring lunch break on Tuesday.
- Cuppin’s is now offering afternoon tea – give it a try this Tuesday or Thursday.
- Tuesday night is Raclette Night at Chalet des Enfants until late April. Sounds divine!
- Live music and dancing at Giraf Bar this Thursday evening!
- Eat, drink, be merry…and PAY WHAT YOU WANT! Check out Le ContreTemps re-opening event on the 3rd of March where you literally pay what you want at the end of your meal!
- We’re intrigued to visit this art exhibit at the Espace Arlaud – has anyone been?
- BFM is taking over the taps at Mise en Biere bar this Wednesday.
- Wine and ping pong? Why not?
- Ballet meets flamenco dancing in this interpretation of Romeo and Juliette at the Metropole.
- This is a fun take on brunch – how about live music and dancing?!
- Freshen up your wardrobe with Chouquette à Lausanne’s Vide Dressing.
- Thinking of renovating a house or planting a garden? Or maybe, like us, you just enjoy dreaming about it? This weekend starts Habitat Jardin at Beaulieu. If modern design is more your thing, you’ll definitely want to visit the Design Days event within the expo.
- If you want to improve your sewing skills or repair a piece of clothing but don’t have the machine or materials, visit the CPO this Saturday for their Café Couture event.
- 13th Festival du Film Vert, from the 1st of March to the 15th of April