We hope you had a fantastic weekend! We escaped the drizzle and chill with a trip to Aquatis, Lausanne’s new fresh water aquarium and vivarium. The kids loved seeing the fish and animals, and the adults were pretty impressed with all that we learned – did you know that the glacier used to be nearly 1 km thick over Lausanne?! Mind=blown.
The upcoming week is filled with music, film, community, connection, treasure hunting, and FREE SAUSAGES. Have a great one, Lausanne!
- This Tuesday evening the Casino de Montbenon is hosting the European Outdoor film tour where you can see SEVEN different films (total 120 minutes, for 24 CHF) that are sure to satiate (or trigger) that adventurous spirit.
- On Wednesday it’s Papet Vaudois Day! (Yes, that’s apparently a thing…) Head over to Place St. François or Place du Tunnel for a FREE Papet Vaudois, served with love and patriotism ;).
- How do you tell a good story? Go to this workshop hosted by Work’n’share to find out.
- After experiencing bodily pain, this artist decided to express this pain through drawing. See some of the work this Thursday at La Sonnette.
- Every Thursday evening you can participate in a language exchange at Lausanne Tandem Café.
- Want to learn how to cook like an Italian? Join a cooking lab hosted by LOFT Atelier Créatif on Friday–it is bound to be perfetto!
- Get your dancing shoes on–Friday night Pavillon is hosting two musical acts until the wee hours of Saturday morning.
- On Friday evening, you can hear Mozart Requiem at St. François church.
- Did someone say salsa dancing and mojitos?
- Want to improve your strength and flexibility? Consider checking out the new yoga studio L’Equilibre for their two workshops this weekend.
- An intimate and candlelit concert in the cozy Couronne d’Or this Sunday night…sounds divine.
- One man’s trash is another’s treasure–and there are BOUND to be treasures at the 20th Brocante de la Gruyère this weekend (better info on the Facebook page here).
- This week, the Red Cross will be out in town selling small bouquets of mimosa flowers. All of the funds that they raise will go toward helping with social integration of children in the Canton de Vaud. Looks like our apartments will be decked in sweet little yellow flowers!