Still dreaming of our holidays in St-Luc. Such a special little ski village with some pretty incredible views!
Hey Lausanne! We’re back at it with our weekly round-up of some interesting and fun events in and around Lausanne. Just a reminder, if you ever have an event you’d like to share with us, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As far as this week goes, it looks like lots of fun cultural offerings in and around Lausanne! We hope you have a fantastic week, we’re so glad to be back!
- We know it’s not in Lausanne, but it may be worth the trek: The World Snow Festival begins today in Grindelwald where international artists create huge ice sculptures using meter-high blocks of snow.
- All week, Brasserie de Montbenon is celebrating the local specialty – Papet Vaudois. Each night a different butcher from the region will be featured on the menu. Hop
- This Wednesday the Bibliothèque de la Ville de Lausanne is hosting a magic show (2 showings in the afternoon) for kids over the age of 8. It’s free, just sign up on their website.
- Starting this Thursday, La Grange de Dorigny at UNIL will be performing La Ferme des animaux (or Animal Farm) adapted from George Orwell’s dystopian novel. You can watch the trailer of their performance here.
- Fancy a laugh? Bleu Lezard is hosting an Expat Comedy Night this Thursday–the show starts at 8pm so make sure to get there early if you want a spot (no advance tickets for this show).
- There’s live folk music from the band Andy and the Outsiders on Thursday night at Giraf Bar.
- Knitting and drinking? Sounds fun! Ta Tribu and Little Maille are hosting a knitting workshop alongside apéro this Thursday evening. 45 CHF gets you apéro, the materials to knit, as well as instruction. Spots are limited so make sure to sign up if this interests you!
- Cendrillon (or Cinderella) is being performed by the Monte Carlo Ballet at the Lausanne Opera this weekend. You can snag your tickets here.
- Getting married soon? Or helping plan a wedding? Check out the Salon du mariage de Lausanne being held at the Beaulieu Expo Center this weekend.
- Remember that if you haven’t already seen the Ai Weiwei exhibit, you only have until January 28!