There’s no way around it – this is a bit of a quiet week in Lausanne. We like to think that the city is taking a deep breath in preparation for the flurry of Christmas festivities kicking off soon. Go ahead and mark your calendars for this year’s Christmas Market, starting on November 22!
Here are the events that caught our attention for this week:
- Shameless plug: Come to our Vide-Dressing! Next Sunday, we are joining forces with blogs What Would Miranda Say and Mademoiselle B at Bad Hunter for a bit of fun and fashion. Swing by and say hello!
- Next weekend, the Metropop Festival will energize the Salle Metropole. Check out their website for the program and info on the artists.
- The Lausanne Opéra is showing an opera for children starting this week – what a great opportunity to introduce kids to art!
- All month, the Musée de l’Elysée and Cinématheque Suisse have teamed up for a joint expo on American film director Gus Van Sant. You can view his photographs at the l’Elysée and watch some of his most acclaimed films at the Capitole theatre.
- Treason and repentance. It may be a heavy theme for a Saturday evening, but beautiful nonetheless.
- Practice your English or learn a little Spanish, French, or German – at a language exchange apéro.
- The Bach Festival of Lausanne continues this week with concerts taking place in venues across the city.
- On Thursday evening the Musée de la Main is hosting an after hours expo on dreams. It looks super interesting – especially where you can hook yourself to a machine and watch your brainwaves. Crazy!