The snow’s not far! We love this shot that Gabriel took of Chalet à Gobet a couple of years ago.
Did anyone else spend the weekend hiding from that nasty wind?! It definitely wasn’t the most pleasant weather in Lausanne, but at least the storms brought the first significant snowfall to the mountains. There’s even enough snow for some ski resorts to open their lifts early this year! But in case mid-week skiing is a bit unrealistic for you ;), here are a few other events that we’ve got on our agendas…
- On Tuesday, head over to Vevey for a local institution: the St. Martin market. It’s like market day with extra fanfare and a medieval twist.
- Tuesday is quiz night at Giraf Bar.
- This week at the Opéra de Lausanne: there’s still one more chance to see Amahl et les Visiteurs du Soir (an opera for children); Anna Karenina the ballet performs over the weekend.
- It seems a bit random but also a bit genius: Gin and Running. Wednesday evening you can go for a run and then join a gin and tonic making workshop. Why not?
- On Friday night, new boutique — Les Gens — featuring designs from local artisans and businesses is hosting their inauguration party.
- Would you like to help older people or children learn how to do things online like write a blog post, send an email, or build a website? How sweet is this inter-generational technology day?
- Get a head start on your Christmas shopping at the Style Market in St. Prex with local designers this weekend.
- Fricote is kicking off the Christmas season with a little gathering in the shop on Saturday.
- Lausanne’s Bach Festival continues this week. Check out the agenda for concerts in the coming days.
- This week is the Salon du Design in Geneva – lovers of mid-century modern furniture, this is your mecca.
- Not this week, but worth putting on your calendars – any women thinking of starting your own business, check out this startup pitch event at the EPFL on November 28.