We hope you enjoyed the incredibly perfect autumnal weekend we just had–we could not get enough of it! The wine, the lake, the sun…ah, we love fall in Switzerland. And with the Knie coming to town, désalpes festivals, and a brisolée, this week’s events make it clear that the vibrant colors, the slight chill, and the smell of crisp leaves is here to stay! Read on for details…
The Quartier du Flon is inaugurating their new space called LES GARAGES this Thursday.
- Did someone say empanadas? El Gaucho has a brick-and-mortar shop now! And they are celebrating this Thursday.
- Anyone who has been to the Andalusian area of Spain will know that the food is so damn good. And this week the Fairmont Montreux Palace is welcoming Two-Star Michelin Chef Dani Garcia who will be cooking up a six-course menu that is not to be missed. Reservations obligatory.
Have you heard about Blackbird Downtown Diner’s SECRET OFFER for fans on social media? Starting this week, kids eat dinner FREE. Check out their post on Facebook for more deets.
The Sinfonietta de Lausanne takes the stage this Thursday night at the Cathedral.
- This Thursday aspiring writers can join a free writing workshop organized by Lausanne’s libraries. (in French)
- Dubner Moderne welcomes artist David Gathier for a new exhibit – meet the artist at the opening this Thursday evening.
- The Geneva Night Market (autumn edition) will be going on this Thursday–creators, music, food, and more!
- The circus has come to town! Starting Friday night for two weeks the Knie Circus will be set up at Bellerive.
- Like puppets? What about GIANT puppets? The Royal de Luxe and XXL Street Theater company is putting on a huge show this entire weekend in Geneva that looks equal parts fascinating and intimidating.
- And while you’re in Geneva, take part in its Cocktail Week (did someone say 10 CHF a cocktail?!)…
- …and it’s Design Days!
- Silent Disco at Pully Plage this Friday night.
Fancy some bubbles & bombastic brows? Our own eyebrow guru and dear friend Eleni from Eleni Eyebrows is ramping up her Bubbles & Brows evenings with the start of autumn. Thursday nights in central Lausanne—you do not want to miss this opportunity to get the perfect pret-a-porter brow alongside your girl (or guy) friends!
- Sushi & Gin (two of our favorite things) this Saturday at Pavillon.
- 35 francs for all-you-can-eat raclette this Saturday at Le Cygne Brasserie.
- The Brasserie de Montbenon is kicking off brisolée season this Sunday.
- There’s still time to see a traditional désalpes (If you’re new around here, that’s when the cows descend the mountain for the cooler seasons). Check out the schedule put together by our friends over at Newly Swissed.
- This may be the last one of the season–morning yoga at Jetée de la Compagnie.
Finally, did you see this incredible video that Lausanne Tourism released? It makes our hearts swell that we actually live here.
Have an event you want to share with Lausanne? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org