Well. Sigh. This weekend we decided to embrace the changing season: we headed up to the snowy trails around the Matterhorn, we unpacked our winter pajamas, and we even ate a fondue. So much for that Indian Summer September that we’ve come to expect each year.
Fortunately, the city is still buzzing with late summer energy, so there’s plenty to do if you want to keep that 3-day weekend vibe alive a bit longer.
- Next Tuesday and Wednesday, the Montreux Palace is hosting a two-star Michelin chef from Spain for a special dinner, and there are still spots available.
- This week marks the Mozart festival at the Casino de Montbenon. Check out the program for concert details.
- This Thursday, the Musée Cantonal will host an opening for its exhibit with Chinese Artist Ai WeiWei.
- Brush up on your French (or English) skills at a language exchange night at the Lacustre.
- This cold, rainy weather makes us even more intrigued by board game night.
- It’s time to harvest those grapes, so Lutry is getting wild (Swiss-standards wild) at this year’s Fête des Vendanges!
- Get your culture fix from noon to 2 am this Saturday at La Nuit des Musées!
- It’s never too early to teach your kids to appreciate the local vintage! This Saturday, kids from 3-7 can take a walk in Lutry to discover the wines and personalities behind them. Seriously, how cute is that?
- Parents and kids can stretch their creative muscles together at this painting event on Saturday.
- The residents of the Vallon neighborhood organize events from time to time – this Saturday, there will be a story time for kids during the day and a meeting with a local author in the evening.
- Lausanne has ambitious development plans. Learn more about the work being done in and around the train station as well as throughout the city with these walking tours on Saturday and Sunday afternoons.
- This Thursday from 20h at Cinema Oblo: CatCave9 is a monthly improvised comedy show where a group of scientific researchers from UNIL and EPFL shares their work in the form of improve. That does sound pretty hilarious!
- Sunday evening head to St. François for concert “Paris – Tunis”
Photo location: Stellisee by Gabriel Garcia