We took our drone out for a spin this past week…
Happy Monday, Lausanne! We can believe we get to say this, but most of the events going on this week are actually FREE. This is a great time to get out and enjoy the town, while still saving your pennies for that summer vacation. 😉
Here’s what’s on our calendars for the week:
- Enjoy a free jazz concert in the outdoor amphitheater just next to the Casino de Montbenon.
- Wednesday through Sunday nights, head to the Parc de Milan for FREE outdoor movies. Bring 5 francs if you want to rent a chair.
- On Wednesday evening at 18:30, you can take a free history and literature walk through Sauveblin forest or on Sunday evening, you can take the city’s RetroBus for a history and literature drive around town – the descriptions online of these tours are a bit vague, but we are intrigued! (in French)
- Enjoy a free Italian buffet with your apéro at Les Arches on Thursday.
- From Thursday to Sunday evenings, the Château de Chillon will serve as the backdrop for Histoire du Soldat, an opera by Igor Stravinsky and Swiss author Charles Ferdinand Ramuz. (in French)
- Don’t forget that there are free French classes Monday-Friday evenings from 18-19:30 at Vidy.
- The Colombia Vive Festival is on Saturday and Sunday on the Esplanade de Montbenon.
- This Saturday at 11am, take a free walking tour of Lausanne’s public art. (in French)
- Lausanne has a thing with salsa dancing! This Saturday evening head over to the Pyramides de Vidy for a free lesson, dance party, and show.
Do you know of an event that we should share with our readers? Send us a note at email@example.com.