We’re looking forward to telling you more about this gorgeous lunch spot…
Happy Monday, Friends. We hope you had a beautiful weekend! Ours was full, full, full. It started at the new outdoor movie theater on Friday night and then hardly stopped – Saturday morning yoga at Jetée de la Compagnie, market shopping, dips in the lake and the pool, the Food Truck Festival, and then an idyllic lakeside lunch on Sunday (more to come on that in a few days). A weekend well done, we say! And this morning we’ve got the heavy eyes, sore muscles, and sunburn to prove it.
This is a surprisingly quiet week for events in Lausanne. It’s as though the city is taking a moment to catch its breath before ramping up for July. A heads up – Fête de la Cité starts on July 4! We’re actually grateful for the slower pace this weekend because we can’t wait for the long summer evenings just around the corner.
Here’s what we’ve got on our agenda for the next seven days…
- On Friday evening we stopped by the Allianz outdoor movie theater on the Esplanade de Montbenon to see what all the fuss was about. And guys, IT’S AMAZING. For the next five weeks, they’re showing a different movie every night from new releases to cult classics (Friday night’s movie is Dirty Dancing!!). They have great food vendors and a bar, so head over well before the movie starts to properly enjoy. Tickets are 15chf and come with a Ben and Jerry’s ice cream. #cheapdate
- Tuesday night is a Jamaican-themed par-tay at Pavillon. Tropical cocktails, summer tunes.
- The 12 Cellists from the Berlin Philharmonic are performing at the Salle Metropole on Thursday evening.
- On Saturday, La Galicienne is hosting an Ethical Market where you can find local, fairtrade, and ecological products.
- This Saturday you can taste one of the world’s most perfect food pairings – Burgers and Beer. That would be Zooburgers and Nebuleuse beers to be exact.
- The Montreux Jazz Fesitval kicks off this weekend. Even if you don’t have tickets, it’s still worth heading over for the ambiance, food trucks, and free concerts.
- Start your Sunday morning with a yoga class and healthy brunch on the deck at Jetée de la Companie. From experience, this is one of the most energizing, life-giving activities we’ve done in a while!