Copyright Naomi Wenger; Source Fête de la Musique website
Heeeeey Lausanne. Happy Monday! We hope you saved some energy over the weekend because this week is going to be a great one. The weather is as hot as ever and the summer events just keep coming. There are several events you absolutely can’t miss (Fête de la Musique, Street Food Festival) and plenty of small gatherings to consider attending as well. The Lausanne summer party continues!
Here’s what we’ve got on our calendars for the week…
- Tuesday is Board Game Night at la Galicienne!
- Our friends at the blog What Would Miranda Say? are hosting a party on Tuesday evening. We’ll be there!
- Have you ever tried Swiss gin? Yeah, neither have we. We’re going to try to swing by Le Lacustre on Friday evening to try this gin made in Tessin.
- You can expect to be a bit sleepy at work on Thursday morning because Wednesday night is Fête de la Musique Lausanne! Did you know that over 700 cities in 120 countries will be celebrating with us? At least that’s what Wikipedia tells us…
- If you can’t get enough of the live music after Fête de la Musique, you’ll be delighted to know that there are two more music festivals this week!
- The Nautical Club in Lutry is hosting live bands and dancing on the quai next to the harbor on Wednesday through Saturday nights.
- Or head over to Pully for the Pully Sound festival, featuring all sorts of musical experiences from rock to classical concerts, and even an event around the music of wine (so typical ;)).
- Not a festival, but worth mentioning nonetheless – on Saturday, you can relax lakeside with techno DJ Atropos at La Jetée de la Compagnie.
- This Saturday night is Nuit des Images at the Musée de l’Elysée. The museum will be open until 1am and a special program is in order.
- This weekend is the Street Food Festival at Beaulieu. We loved this event last year!
- This weekend kicks off not one but TWO outdoor movie theatres in Lausanne. We highly recommend.
- The first is organized by the art movie theatre, Zinema, in Mon Repos. For the next 10 Saturday nights, they’ll be showing cult classics for free. This week: The Extraordinary Adventures of Mr. West in the Land of the Bolsheviks.
- The second, Allianz Cinema, will be on the Espalande de Montbenon for the next six weeks. The lineup is a mix of newish releases and classic films. (We’re overjoyed about seeing American in Paris on the big screen!)
- They say one man’s trash is another man’s treasure! And this weekend there are two events where you can do some treasuring hunting in Lausanne…
- On Sunday, Le Fraisier restaurant will host a special lunch based on dairy products that come from local farms. The description of the lunch is a bit vague online, but we LOVE this restaurant, so we’re confident it will be delicious. Reservations required.