From our stroll through the gardens at Château de Vullierens this weekend.
Congrats to Tonia, Emily Plank, Ysaline, Caroline Hansen, and Sandra – you guys are the lucky winners of tickets to visit the Iris Garden at the Château de Vullierens! Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll make sure to get your tickets to you before the holiday weekend.
Even if you didn’t win, there’s a lot to be excited about this week in Lausanne. For one, have you seen the weather report?! AND, as if solid sun and warm weather aren’t enough, Thursday is a day off. Does anyone else feel like a teenager when school’s out for summer? We’re thinking it might be time to hit Bellerive-Plage; or, kick off hiking season; or, picnic in Mon Repos; or, go wine tasting…or maybe ALL of it.
Here are the events on our calendar this week…
- Did you know that Lausanne has its own vineyards and makes wine? This Friday and Saturday you can visit the city’s wine cellar and taste the local vintage for yourself. It’s Lausanne’s own caves ouvertes!
- Or if you’d rather sip your wine IN the mountains, Valais is hosting their caves ouvertes this weekend too.
- The Luna Park is still on in Ouchy until June 11.
- The Conservatoire de Lausanne is holding its Spring Concert on Tuesday at the Casino de Montbenon. Entry is free!
- This Wednesday, dance to the beat of your own drum–literally–at the silent disco at the Esplanade of the Cathedrale.
- Take a culinary and cultural trip to Peru next Saturday at La Galicienne.
- Not a real event, but worth your time nonetheless: take a digital, educational walk through Lausanne with this new tour created by the city and the tourism office.