Ah, the flu and cold season is upon us! And we don’t know about you, but we have been hit hard by illness this winter. So, we have just the remedy to keep the bug at bay…and it involves bourbon and a zing of fresh ginger, so what’s not to love? We present to you, The Hot Toddy.
Here’s what you’ll need:
And here’s what you’ll do:
- Grate a bit of ginger into your mug, then add the chunk (which will infuse with the hot water)
- Bring water to a boil, steep your choice of tea for 3-5 minutes then remove bag (we like to use Yogi Tea’s Ginger and Black Pepper)
- Squeeze in half a lemon (you use the lemon peel later as garnish if you want to get fancy)
- Add honey (to your taste)
- Then add the bourbon
- Stir it all together, grab a blanket & a book and enjoy!
Do you have any tricks or remedies during the cold weather season? We’d love you to share them with us!